Friday, July 16, 2010

Happy 14th Birthday Abby!

Today is my middle child, Abby's 14th birthday. She's such a beautiful, smart, funny and kind young lady and I wanted to make her something fun, colorful and cute. I was inspired by this card on Splitcoast but I changed mine up a bit.
I started with a card stock base of Poppy Parade and added some Early Espresso. I ran a piece of Blushing Bride thru the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka-dot textured impressions embossing folder.  I stamped all the images in Early Espresso and used Early Espresso, Blushing Bride and Poppy Parade Stampin' write markers to color them in. I used the large and extra large tag punches on the Whisper White image, Early Espresso  and Poppy Parade card stock. The Word Window punch was used on the sentiment and layered onto a piece of Poppy Parade punched with the XL Modern Label punch. Some 1/2 inch Poppy Parade stitched-poly ribbon and 1/8 inch Early Espresso taffeta ribbon finish it off.
Here's my recipe:
Stamps: Birthday Bakery
Papers: Whisper White, Blushing Bride, Early Espresso, Poppy Parade
Inks: Early Espresso Classic Stamp pad and Stampin Write marker, Blushing Bride and Poppy Parade Stampin write markers
Accessories: Extra large and Large Tag punches, Word window punch, Modern Label punch, Stampin dimensionals, 1/2 inch Poppy Parade stitched-poly ribbon, 1/8 inch Early Espresso taffeta ribbon

No comments: