Sunday, October 17, 2010

PPA#64 Autumn Spice Candle

I whipped up this cute candle for my family room and it qualifies for the PPA#64 Fall Inspiration Challenge here.
I started with a long piece of More Mustard card stock that I ran thru the crimper. I layered a piece of DSP from Autumn Spice on the More Mustard and wrapped those two around the candle and adhered them with Sticky Strip. I stamped the sentiment from Day of Gratitude in Early Espresso on some more Autumn Spice DSP. I then punched that out with the Scallop Oval punch and added some Stampin dimensionals. I punched a piece of Cajun Craze out with the XL Decorative Label punch and added some "stitching" with the Early Espresso Stampin write marker. I stamped two leaves from Falling Leaves in More Mustard and Old Olive, cut them out and adhered them to the tag. Finally, a piece of 1/8 inch Early Espresso taffeta finishes it off.
Here's my recipe:
Stamps: Day of Gratitude and Falling Leaves
Papers: Very Vanilla, More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Autumn Spice Specialty DSP
Inks: More Mustard, Old Olive, Early Espresso
Accessories: Scallop Oval punch, XL Decorative Label punch, Stampin dimensionals, 1/8 inch Early Espresso taffeta ribbon, Sticky strip, paper crimper, candle

3 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

How cute is this! That band is adorable on the candle - great fall project! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

Stampin' Diva said...

I just love candles and this was just a perfect wrap!! Great fall decor and thanksgiving table decorations!! Really loved your unique take on the challenge!! Thanks for playing with us at Pals Paper Arts!!

Kelly said...

This is my pick of the day on my facebook page. Thanks for sharing your beautiful talent!
Kelly