Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Two-for-One Card

This card covers two challenges at Splitcoast.
First, the Color Combo #296 here of Poppy Parade, Tempting Turquoise and White. And second, the Sketch Challenge #306 here.  I took a little creative liberty and added a tad of Early Espresso too.
I started with a base of Whisper White. I ran some Poppy Parade thru the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka-dot textured impressions embossing folder. I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the word stamp from On a Pedestal on the bottom of the Poppy Parade. I matted that with Early Espresso. I colored in the cupcake with my Poppy Parade and Tempting Turquoise Stampin write markers then also used the Early Espresso marker on the cherry. I popped the cherry up with a tiny Stampin dimensional. I punched out the cupcake with the 1 3/8 inch circle punch, added a Turquoise piece punched with the 1 3/4 inch XL circle punch, a Poppy circle from the Circles #2 Bigz die and an Espresso piece punched with the 2 3/8 inch XL Scallop Circle punch. I also added dots with my White gel pen. A strip of Tempting Turquoise from the Patterns DSP Brights Stack finishes it off.
Here's my recipe:
Stamps: On a Pedestal
Papers: Whisper White, Early Espresso, Poppy Parade, Tempting Turquoise, Patterns DSP Brights Stack
Inks: Poppy Parade Classic Pad and Stampin Write marker, Early Espresso and Tempting Turquoise Stampin write markers
Accessories: Stamp-a-ma-jig, Stampin dimensionals, Perfect Polka-dot embossing folder, 2 3/8 in XL Scallop Circle punch, Circles #2 bigz die, 1 3/4 in XL circle punch, 1 3/8 inch circle punch, White gel pen

No comments: