Friday, March 4, 2011

A Card for a Sketch & Color Challenge

I made this card for the PPA#83 Color Challenge here, AND for the Create with Connie & Mary Sketch#140 here.  The colors to use are Baha Breeze, Soft Suede and Crumb Cake, so naturally I thought of the Elegant Soiree DSP.
I started by running a piece of Crumb Cake thru the Big Shot with the Elegant Lines textured impressions embossing folder. I used some papers from  the Elegant Soiree DSP. I colored in the stamp from Punch Bunch with my Crumb Cake, Baha Breeze and Soft Suede Stampin' Write markers. I punched out the center with the 1 3/8 inch Circle punch. The Crumb Cake circle was cut with the Circles#2 Big Shot die. The Soft Suede circle was cut with the Coluzzle and ran thru the Big Shot with the Square Lattice embossing folder. The Baha Breeze circle was punched with the 1 3/4 inch XL Circle punch and I used the 2 3/8 inch XL Scallop Circle punch for the Crumb Cake piece. The entire scalloped piece was popped up with Stampin' dimensionals. Finally, some 1/2 inch Baha Breeze Seam binding was tied into a bow.
Here's my recipe:
Stamps: Punch Bunch
Papers: Very Vanilla, Baha Breeze, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Elegant Soiree DSP
Inks: Baha Breeze, Crumb Cake and Soft Suede Stampin' Write markers
Accessories: 1 3/8 inch and 1 3/4 inch XL Circle punches, Circles#2 Big Shot die, Coluzzle, 2 3/8 inch XL Scallop Circle punch, Stampin' dimensionals, 1/2 inch Baha Breeze seam binding, Elegant Lines and Square Lattice textured impressions embossing folders

10 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

The colors and the sketch worked perfectly - pretty card!

Kristy said...

Very elegant card. I love the color combo and all the layers. TFS

Sheila said...

Beautiful card! The embossing and coloring of the image is fantastic.

Debbie Henderson said...

Elegant and classy! Love the reverse embossing. Thanks for playing with us this week at CCMC!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Jennie! I love the way that you colored the image. Of course, the texture is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at the PPA again this week! I always look forward to your cards!

Deb said...

Super card! I have always loved these colors together! Great job on the sketch challenge! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Oops a Daisy Designs said...

Beautiful card - great job on the challenge. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

Mary Brown said...

I love the pairing of this stamp (and the colors you used) with this paper. DELIGHTFUL! Thanks for playing along this week on the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

This is SO great! I love the DSP with that stamp image! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary!

Lisa Martz said...

Great color scheme. Love the way the paper and embossing folder match! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge!