Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Birthday Card for a Sketch & Color Challenge

I made this card using the MojoMonday Sketch#186 here, and the Splitcoast Color Combo#318 here. The colors to use are Pear Pizzazz, Pretty in Pink and So Saffron.
My card stock base is Crumb Cake and then I added some Pretty in Pink card stock and some Pretty in Pink DSP from the Patterns DSP Subtles Stack. I used my 1 inch Circle punch on the Pear Pizzazz circles and cut them in half to create the scalloped border. I added a strip of Crumb Cake to the scallops. I inked up the Dot Dot Dot stamp with Pretty in Pink ink and stamped it on Whisper White. I used the Create a Cupcake set for the cupcake. The base is Pear Pizzazz and the frosting So Saffron with Crumb Cake sprinkles. I used the Build a Cupcake punch to punch those pieces and the cherry out. I popped up the cupcake with Stampin' dimensionals. I stamped the sentiment from Afterthoughts in So Saffron and punched it out with the 1 3/4 inch XL Circle punch. That was layered onto a So Saffron piece punched with the XL Fancy Flower punch. The flower was popped up with Stampin' dimensionals.  I added some Natural Hemp twine to the top. Finally, some 1/2 inch Pear Pizzazz stitched-poly ribbon finishes it off.
Here's my recipe:
Stamps: Create a Cupcake, Dot Dot Dot and Afterthoughts
Papers: Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, Pretty In Pink, So Saffron, Patterns DSP Subtles Stack
Inks: Pear Pizzazz, Pretty in Pink, So Saffron, Crumb Cake
Accessories: Build a Cupcake Punch, 1 inch Circle punch, 1 3/4 inch XL Circle punch, XL Fancy Flower punch, Natural Hemp twine, 1/2 inch Pear Pizzazz stitched-poly ribbon, Stampin' dimensionals

No comments: