Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Party This Way for Two Challenges

I made this birthday card for my nephew using the Stamping 411 Sketch#213 here, and the Splitcoast Color Challenge#333 here. The colors to use are Island Indigo, Tangerine Tango and Daffodil Delight.
I started with a base of Island Indigo card stock, added some Tangerine Tango and then some Patterns DSP Bright Stack paper. I ran a piece of Daffodil Delight thru the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch. I stamped the balloon and candle images from Party This Way in Island Indigo, Tangerine Tango and Daffodil Delight. I colored in the label from Perfect Punches with my Island Indigo Stampin' Write marker, omitting the "my friend".  I trimmed that down and added an Indigo piece with the Curly Label punch. I popped up that with Stampin' dimensionals. I stamped the candle again in Daffodil, cut it out and popped it up with Stampin' dimensionals. I stamped Party this Way in Tangerine Tango, cut that out too and popped it up with Stampin' dimensionals. Finally, I stamped Happy Birthday in Island Indigo.
Here's my recipe:
Stamps: Party This Way and Perfect Punches
Papers: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo, Tangerine Tango and Patterns DSP Brights Stack
Inks: Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo, Tangerine Tango
Accessories: Curly Label punch, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, Stampin' dimensionals

No comments: